Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Blast From the Past - Spirograph!!!



I was cleaning out my basement and came across my old spirograph. I used to love that thing!!!  I would sit at the kitchen table and draw for hours.

I did a little research and found out that The Spirograph has been around since 1965.  I got mine in the early 80's and spent a couple of years using it, probably going through about 10 - 15 notebooks of paper.

For those of you who are too young to know what this addictive toy is,  it’s a box set containing wheels, rings and pens that you use to draw psychodelic looking designs that somebody trippin' on acid would spend hours staring at. Wikipedia says that a Polish mathematician invented the spirograph in the late 1800s. A British company bought the rights to it and mass produced it as a kids’ toy in the 1960s. It was relaunched in 2013 so you young un's might get a chance to re-discover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment!!! We are busy, busy guys but we read every comment and reply as soon as we can.

Don't forget to like our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/RamblingsOfASemiMadman

Follow us on Twitter for to get the latest happenings, Check Out Our Facebook Grouppage, our Facebook Fanpage or Return to our Homepage

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...